Selecting an Advisor
When evaluating a potential advisor, answers to the following questions will assist you in the evaluation process:
- Does the advisor have integrity?
- Is the advisor competent?
- What type of service does the advisor provide?
Does the advisor have integrity?
It is a good idea to ask the following questions:
- Does the advisor build a plan based upon realistic assumptions?
- Does the advisor tell you what you want to hear or what you need to hear?
- Do you like and trust the advisor and their staff?
Is the advisor competent?
The following questions can help determine the advisor's competencies:
- What is the reputation of the advisor?
- Is the advisor well recognized in the community?
- Do you know of others who have had a favorable experience with the advisor?
What type of service does the advisor provide?
- Ensure the advisor provides personal service, including meeting face-to-face regularly and as needed.
- Determine if the advisor is specialized in areas that will meet your specific needs.
- Verify the investment recommendations are not a “product sale,” but truly taking a comprehensive approach to your complete financial picture.
Duncan Financial is an independent financial services firm committed to providing you with a direct approach to financial planning. As a valued client, you will meet with your advisor, on a regular basis. We are committed to working with you to determine a financial strategy to help meet your needs.